Hello everyone. When we moved over to Austraila we brought some items of furniture over with us, now the plan was to make the furniture work until we found a better replacement, however the furniture is in good shape it just needs a little TLC. So I have huge plans for the girls play room that I will slowly be doing over time. For now I am just starting on the smaller pieces like photo/ mirror frames. Its super easy and you can do it too. Here is how!
So this was a Mirror that we have had for about 7 years now and it has seen a lot of houses, so it only felt right to bring it with us when we moved. Now I knew I wanted the mirror in the entrance hall, as it is such a big space I felt it would work really well there and it does, I just love it.
How to get the look
- Take the frame and remove the glass or picture to avoid any damage ( I was unable to remove the glass on mine as it was a bit stiff lol and I didn’t want to shatter the glass)
- If you are unable to remove like me then use tape and newspaper to cover the area.
- Sand all over until smooth. I just used a light grain piece of sand paper as the mirror was pretty smooth to start with.
- Use a spray paint with added Primer (it saves a lot of time) I use a brand called British B Paints and its called Spray Easy Paint & Prime.
- Apply one coat of paint and leave to dry. Recoat after 1 hour or leave for 24hours before re applying the second coat.
- Display your work for everyone to see!
I would love to see your creations.
Thank you for reading.
Love Rachel Xx